Women in Economics – Status quo and ways forward
Women in Economics – status quo and ways forward is the first event organized by the network WinE-DK Women in Economics Denmark. On this day, we will zoom in on sources for gender imbalances in the economics profession. We will take this evidence, group discussions and expert input as a point of departure for a focus on what we all - students, researchers, management - can do to put diversity in economics on the agenda.
Due to the pandemic, the event will take place via Zoom.
With an offset in her central scientific contributions on the subject, Lise will give a research perspective on gender differences in academia. Sarah will draw on her experience as a head of department and talk about what role management can play in addressing gender differences.
Mette Ejrnæs, University of Copenhagen: "Women in Economics at the University of Copenhagen - a look at the data"
Group discussions on:
- Mentoring and networks
- Career progression in academia
- Teaching and supervision
- Institutional factors and the role of management
Welcome by Bente Stallknect, prorector of the University of Copenhagen
- Nina Smith, Aarhus University
- David Dreyer Lassen, Independent Research Fund Denmark
- Mikkel Vedby Rasmussen, dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences at University of Copenhagen
- Merete Eldrup, Chairman of the board of the University of Copenhagen
- Sigge Winther, journalist, will moderate the panel discussion