New Consumption Data, 2021
The goal of the online event is to bring people interested in the topic together to present new research using these new data and methods to measure spending, discuss pros and cons and exchange best practices, etc.
Relevant topics include, but is not limited to:
• Asset returns and spending
• Spending effects of income shocks and adverse events
• Welfare consequences of social insurance programs
• The impact of mortgage refinancing on spending
• Validation of new spending measures
• Consumption inequality
• Spending effects of public policies
• Insurance within the family
• Children and spending
• Consumption during the COVID-19 crisis
The event provides an opportunity for researchers from different universities and countries to present their work, get feedback, and hopefully to establish contact to other researchers interested in research involving new types of consumption data.