Call for Papers
Nordic Conference in Development Economics 2015 Copenhagen, Denmark 15-16 June, 2015
The Development Economics Research Group (DERG) at the University of Copenhagen is organising the 2015 Nordic Conference in Development Economics (NCDE15) to be held on 15-16 June 2015 at the Department of Economics at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Copenhagen. The conference aims at bringing together Nordic and international scholars for exchange of ideas and discussion of recent results within theoretical and applied development economics research. The Conference is an annual event in the Nordic countries and this year features two prominent keynote speakers. All participants must cover their travel and accommodation costs, but the organizers will help book accommodation at two hotels in central Copenhagen.
• Jim Davies is Professor of Economics at the Department of Economics, The University of Western Ontario. He is a leading international scholar on the Global Distribution of Wealth and Tax Policy and an author of the 2014 Global Wealth report. See more
• Peter Lanjouw is after a distinguished career with the World Bank, most recently as Research Manager of the Poverty and Inequality Group, Professor at VU University Amsterdam. He is widely known for his many contributions to the measurement of poverty and inequality; income distribution dynamics; rural non-farm employment; incidence of public spending; and village studies in India. See more
Registration and paper submission:
If you wish to participate (register) please send an email as soon as possible and no later than 1 March 2015 including your contact information (name, affiliation, telephone and email address) to Christel.Brink.Hansen@econ.ku.dk.
Please also advise if you wish to present a paper or to participate without paper.
Papers must be submitted in electronic form via email (as a pdf file). The paper submission deadline is 1 April 2015. All submitted papers will be reviewed prior to acceptance for presentation. The organizing committee expects to complete the review process on 1 May 2015 and will notify you by email of the outcome. We expect you to confirm your participation immediately after including hotel booking if required. Shortly after a final programme will be put together and posted on the web. It will include a conference dinner on 15 June.
All participants may be requested to serve as discussants.
- Professor Henrik Hansen, Department of Economics, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Copenhagen
- Professor John Rand, Department of Economics, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Copenhagen
- Professor Finn Tarp, Director, UNU-WIDER, Helsinki, Finland, and Professor, Department of Economics, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Copenhagen
This committee will work in close collaboration with the members of the Development Economics Research Group (DERG) at the University of Copenhagen.
Ms Christel Brink Hansen, University of Copenhagen (Christel.Brink.Hansen@econ.ku.dk)